Metering Department has a Central Meter Shop at Lahore and three Regional Meter Shops at Multan, Faisalabad and Islamabad for Inspection of Industrial and Commercial Meters, EVCs and Modems. Metering Department is also responsible for Repairing of Industrial, Commercial and Domestic meters as well as EVCs and Modems.
In addition to Central / Regional Meter Shops, Sixteen Domestic Meter Inspection Shops located at Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Islamabad, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sahiwal, Sheikhupura, Shahdara, Sialkot and Mardan for inspection of Domestic Meters are also part of Metering Department.
Central/Regional Meter Shops are ISO 9001:2015 Certified (Quality Management System) and Accreditation from Pakistan National Accreditation Council (PNAC) against ISO-17025 and ISO-17020 is under process.
"SNGPL Metering Department is committed to ensure quality repairing, testing and transparent inspection of all types of gas Meters, EVCs and Modems. Metering Department provide technical help in the procurement of all types of prime quality gas Meters, EVCs and Modems to ensure every stakeholder’s satisfaction on SNGPL measuring instruments. Satisfaction of stakeholders is the most important quality criteria, requiring that Metering Department adopt the legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, international standards and quality management system. Metering Department committed to continually improve the effectiveness of our quality management system by introducing the latest measurement techniques and enhancing awareness and skills of human resource so as to meet the needs and expectations of stakeholders. "
Objectives of Central / Regional Meter Shops:
- Generation of Meter Inspection Reports (MIRs) of all Industrial and Commercial Meters received from Distribution Regions of SNGPL.
- Flow Proving / Inspection of Industrial Meters under Schedule Meter Replacement Program as per requirement of the Regions by deploying Mobile Meter Testing Labs.
- On site Flow Proving / Inspection of Industrial Meters on Consumer’s request by Mobile Meter Testing Labs.
- Inspection / Repairing of Modems and Electronic Volume Correctors (EVCs).
- Repairing of Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Gas Meters & supply of the same to all Distribution Regions of Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Ltd. to achieve OGRA KMIs targets.
- Preparation of technical specifications of Gas Meters and their essential spare parts in-line with International Standards i.e. AGA/ANSI/OMIL and OGRA’s Guideline.
- Preparation of technical specification of EVCs and its vetting.
- Preparation of technical specification of Modems after incorporating inputs from IT/MIS and Telecom Department. Joint vetting of Modem by Metering, Telecom and IT/MIS Department.
- Procurement process initiation of spare parts inventory related to repairing of Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Gas Meters.
- Initiation of Scrapping Approvals and Dispatch of Scrapped/Smashed Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Gas Meters to Stores.
- Special Assignments related to Batch studies of different Gas Meters.
- Research and Development to introduce latest and state of art calibration equipment and measurement gadgets.
Objectives of Domestic Meter Inspection Shops:
- Flow Proving of Domestic Meters Received for Distribution Regions.
- Detail Inspection of Domestic Meters.
- Generation of Domestic Meter Inspection Reports (MIRs).
- Segregation of reparable and non reparable Domestic Meters.
- Scraping of non reparable Domestic Meters.